Monday, July 28, 2008

Thoughts (1) Sex and Customer Service

Sex and Customer Service ( As Requested)

So for those of you who know me, you probably also know I now work at In and Out. In and Out prides itself on good customer service, and I am not just repeating orientation video bull crap. They actually have contests and prizes that come from the very top of the distinct executives and a given to stores that meet their goals.

If you care to know, every In and Out tries to “move” (serve) 45 cars in an hour. If the entire store is working to slow, people will scream out, “working 5 in the red 140”. Meaning that the store is working at a 5 cars slower than 45 per hour pace, and my store number is 140.

Anyway, so the first day I work, learning the ropes. I meet everyone and try to remember as many names as I can. First of all the In and Out uniforms are the most concealing outfits ever. Not that they cover tits or whatever, every uniform does that. But that they somehow hide age, and other normally very easily read details.

For instance, I normally get crap for looking young, but I can normally tell with girls and other guys. I worked with this girl one day and I straight up though she was twenty five maybe twenty one or at least older than me. Turns out she is sixteen.

Ok, that’s off topic. My main point is, there are some very disturbing similarities between friendly customer service and flirting (heavy flirting). Here is how I came to realize this. I was walking out of the back room after my first day and my boss stops me just to give me a reminder. As he says farewell, I listen to a new co-worker of mine taking an order at the front register. I had talked with her before and although she was not attractive and I was not interested in the least I knew she wanted some Tito lovin (JK).

Walking out, she smiled and said “Bye Tito, have a nice day”. In typing I understand that sound more customer servicey than flirty. However with the same tone she used to address the customer, and the same smile, added to the circumstantial context of everything, it was very flirty.

On the drive home I thought about it. Sluts just have a higher customer satisfaction rating. They are there to please. Of course teases have great customer service but don’t give you any product. I know this sound strange and very limited to the small scope of flirting in the fast food industry, but it’s not.

I tested it out and when girls want some of that D, they go to that same tone and smile. Bat their eyes, make eye contact and try to please. Next time a girl hits on you, or if you happen to be one, next time you try to pick up a guy, think about what you are doing, saying, and how you are acting contrary to normal.

“Hey” (Ice Breaker”

2nd line options

“How are you?” –simple kinda boring

“I haven’t seen you in forever” – doesn’t really apply to my theory (simply because customers don’t really know their servers)

“Do you wanna dance?” – (or in other words would you like ketchup with that sex)

“Would you like a drink?” – ( works both ways)

and so forth

No comments: