Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Google Monster: (Political Views)

It seems to me as if google has been overlooked. Wal-mart has been given shit from nearly every angle. The main stream media, news papers as South Park in its epic episode to destroy "The Wal-Mart", have all had their turn at trashing Wal-Mart's endless thirst for driving out Mom and Pa shops.
Sure there is some merit to these arguments. Many small businesses have been outed by this immensely capitalistic force that has some strangely cultist practices. However it seems as if people have none of this distaste for Google's domination of the internet.
It all started as a search engine, and it seemed to work just a little bit better than the rest. But now, there is not a single idea out there that Google hasn't thought of first. From what I hear Google's next leap is out of cyberspace and into the air. They plan to corner the cell phone market by buying all the available air waves and releasing a phone that supposedly will blow the iphone out of the water.
So what is happening to our capitalist economy now? The same thing that is happening to our nations wealth. It is being accumulated. I definitely do not know the exact stat, but from what I remember (and I am sure you have all heard this), 90% of America's wealth is held by less than 10% of its population. To be honest I think it is even more severe than that, I just didn't want to be another exaggerating muck raker.
The fact is, the trusts of the past are back. Google, Walmart, cyberspace, and towns, although we overlook what has happened to competition on the net we are up in arms about what happens in our towns. Unfortunately the economy does not care where this is happening, just that it is.
I believe the value of the dollar will fix itself. If anyone has taken ECON in any sense, the foreign exchange market can never maintain a lopsided balance. However I do no believe that wealth can be redistributed without government action.
Once again, however, I must disagree with the democratic economic standpoint that people should be helped out financially. Nor do I believe that the social beliefs of the republican's should command any part of government.
America needs a libertarian party, to force people to embrace the "boot straps" policy of the republicans but make the trail easier than it is today. The ridiculously wealthy should be taxed heavily (they won't miss it).
I feel as if most of America shares the same beliefs, but because our government is always in tangles, and the rest of America is under educated, we are simply stuck.
And so here I am stuck. Pondering whether to sign up for a google account and try and earn money through their new Adsense program, and idea me and my friends thought was one of our original ones.

No comments: